Cherries or large white grapes in l’Eau-de-Vie
The following recipe may be used for either cherries or large white grapes.
- 2 lbs (900 g) guignolet cherries or large white grapes
- 2 cups (1/2 l) water
- 1 3/4 cups (320 g) white sugar
- 2 cups (1/2 l) l’eau-de-vie
- Wash the cherries, cut their stems leaving 1/2” in place. Drain and towel dry if necessary, or wash the grapes leaving an 1/8 “ stem, drain and dry. Then pierce the grapes like the plums.
- Prepare the syrup by pouring water into a saucepan, add sugar, and slowly boil for 15 minutes. Cool down completely and stir in the l’eau-de-vie.
- Place the cherries in sterilized mason jars and cover completely with syrup pour liquid paraffin over the top of the jar to prevent oxidation and hermetically seal.